Office buildings are known for their large glass windows, showcasing the hustle of the corporate world to the outside world. Keeping these windows clean can be a tough task, requiring time, expertise, and the right equipment.
As a property manager, ensuring these windows are sparkling clean not only improves the aesthetics of the building but can also have significant impacts on tenant satisfaction and building maintenance costs.
Here, we delve into office building window cleaning and explain why hiring professionals is the smartest decision.
Proper Cleaning of Office Building Windows
Cleaning the windows of a multi-story office building is a complex and meticulous task. It requires more than just soap and water. Here are some basic steps professional cleaners follow:
- Pre-Cleaning: Before starting the actual cleaning, pre-cleaning is done to remove debris like dust, bird droppings, and cobwebs. This ensures a smoother cleaning process and prevents scratches on the glass.
- Applying Cleaning Solutions: After that, special cleaning solutions are used to break down difficult dirt and stains. To retain the integrity of the windows, these methods are firm on filth yet soft on the glass.
- Scrubbing: With the solutions being applied, cleaners scrub the windows carefully to loosen the dirt further. They use professional gear to reach high-rise windows and clean them properly.
- Squeegeeing: Finally, the loosened dirt and cleaning solution are removed with a squeegee, taking care not to leave any streaks or residue behind. The squeegee process ensures a squeaky-clean and spotless finish.
These steps are an oversimplification of the complicated work window washers do. Professionals can have a range of techniques to follow to get a perfect result.
Special Equipment Needed
High-rise window cleaning demands specialized tools and safety equipment. Some necessary items include:
- Water-Fed Pole System: This device allows workers to scrub and rinse windows up to 70 feet away from the ground. A water-fed pole system is a good choice if the office is not situated in a high-rise building.
- Squeegees and Scrubbers: Professional-grade squeegees ensure streak-free windows, while scrubbers effectively remove dirt.
- Safety Harnesses and Ropes: Rope access cleaning is employed for buildings too tall for water-fed poles. This requires safety harnesses and ropes to protect workers while they perform the cleaning.
- Lifts and Platforms: In some cases, hydraulic lifts or suspended platforms may be required for safe access to all windows.
Why Hire Professionals?
Given the complexity of the task, hiring professional window cleaners provides numerous benefits:
- Safety: Cleaning the windows of towering buildings is a dangerous task. Professional window cleaners are trained to manage these dangers and are equipped with the necessary safety equipment.
- Quality Results: Professionals utilize industrial-grade cleaning products and processes to maintain pristine, streak-free windows.
- Time and Cost Efficiency: Professional cleaners can get the job done much faster and more efficiently than untrained personnel. This saves property managers time and money in the long run.
- Maintenance: Regular, professional cleaning can extend the life of windows by removing harmful substances that can cause damage over time.
- Convenience: Property managers may plan regular cleanings with a professional provider without worrying about the procedure’s practicalities.
In conclusion, office building window cleaning is a complex task requiring high expertise and the correct equipment. As a property manager, hiring professionals to carry out this task is an effective way to ensure safety, efficiency, and quality.